Monday 13 June 2016

Audience Feedback- Poster

In obtaining feedback from audiences in regards to the poster used to promote our music video, I have created a questionnaire to be filled out by my target market of teenagers. The questions I wanted answered in order to find out the audiences opinions were; "Do you think my poster fits into the rap genre?", "Do you think my poster is conventional and has conventional aspects of the genre?", "Does the poster hold a meaning in your opinion?" and lastly "Would you be inclined to look up my artists album after seeing the poster advertisement?"



Here is what the questions look like in questionnaire format:








Question 1 Results-
14-YES        1-NO
The positive feedback allows me to evaluate the effectiveness of my poster advert and leads me to the conclusion that it is effective. From the fact 14/15 people said my poster fits in the rap genre, I can tell I have done a good job of appropriating my poster to the correct genre. My album would also get the correct recognition from audiences who are interested in the rap genre, causing more publicity for my artist and his album.


Question 2 Results-
13-YES      2-NO
Less agreed on my second question, with 2 opting that my poster didn't use conventional aspects in the rap genre. I feel this is due to the fact my artists face is not clearly on display, which ties in with the ideology of rappers being very charismatic. My approach followed more along with the crime associated side of the rap genre, showing my artist being in the process of an arrest. This seemed to work as the majority voted yes on this question.

Question 3 Results-
14-YES      1-NO
14 of the 15 people asked stated that they saw the meaning within the poster advert. Whilst creating the piece I tried to incorporate a meaning as if the poster was telling a story, with the artist being arrested. This technique would help in advertisement as the audience would want to get the album to see how the message and story plays out.

Question 4 Results-
14-YES       1-NO
Question 3 and 4 link to each other in that the message and story told within my poster advert seemed lead my audience into hypothetically viewing my artists album after seeing the poster.


No comments:

Post a Comment