Monday 13 June 2016

Production Log (Editing Ancillary Tasks)

Are you on schedule?

I may be slightly behind in regards to my ancillary tasks, this is due to the fact excessive amounts of time have to be spent on 4 pieces of heavily edited pieces, which isn't a quick task. I have collected an appropriate image for my front cover which I have begun and almost finished editing. I have chosen to add lots of effects and have an artistic approach to the editing of my design, changing many aspects of my chosen picture in order to give it a more colourful and outstanding aesthetic.

How is it going?


I am enjoying the process of editing my digipak and poster and I am trying to work quickly, whilst maintaining a high standard. I have had experience with the software I am using so it is possible for me to complete my work fairly quickly.

What are the difficulties?


Difficulties arise when trying to get accuracy in filling colour spots in my design. Often times I will accidently fill in a portion of my digipak in a colour I didn't want, causing me to undo my mistakes frequently.


What programme are you using?


The programme I am using is Adobe Photoshop. As I mentioned, I have had a fair amount of experience using the software in the past, which allows me to navigate it quite easily and to complete my work faster that if I had not used it.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of this programme?


The advantages that come with the programme are that you are able to create many layers to your work, allowing more detail and precision to be added to your work, finishing with a high quality piece of work. The software also allows for a range of effects to be added to your work, ensuring the user is given everything needed for editing the image in the way desired. Some disadvantages are complex editing techniques and amount of tools that are able to be used. I am often trying to find a tool which can be used for the effect that I want, searching through the large number of effect appliers.


Font choices? Where did you get them? Why have you chosen them?


The font choices for my designs have been taken from DaFont.com. This website offers a huge range of fonts to chose from and download, with headings for the style of font the user wishes to search for. For example there are categories for "Sci-Fi", Graffiti", etc. The site also allows for sample texts to be seen in the desired font also, so I am able to preview which font will suite my tasks text the best.







No comments:

Post a Comment